Taking its name from one of Henry County, Alabama’s oldest settlements, Lawrenceville Timberlands is an excellent 100+/- acre property that features a high percentage of plantable land, productive soils, and merchantable timber that can produce immediate cash flow. Bordering the eastern reaches of Alabama’s Blackbelt region, an area known for big deer, Lawrenceville Timberlands doubles as a desirable and affordable recreational tract.
Planted in 1996 and thinned in 2013, the property’s loblolly pines have (unsurprisingly) thrived. Based on an August 2018 timber cruise, nearly 60% of the timber was classified as either chip-n-saw or sawtimber. Since that time, the concentration in those two categories has only grown. Moreover, with new wood outlets having recently come on-line in Abbeville, Dothan, and Troy, the renewed competition among mills is a positive development for landowners.
While the attributes of Lawrenceville Timberlands stand on their own, acquiring a property in an area with notable history is a plus. Lawrenceville was settled in the early 1820’s by people of quality and education. Named for Joseph Lawrence, he was instrumental in establishing the famous Lawrenceville Academy (later to become the Masonic Male and Female Institute) that produced a number of famous graduates including William Calvin Oates who would become a General, Congressman, and Governor of Alabama. A plaque memorializing the site stands there today.
Access to Lawrenceville Timberlands is easy with a location on paved County Road 54, a short distance from U.S. Highway 431 between Abbeville and Eufaula. Public water, electricity, and telephone are all available at the property.